Subject: [Leica] A World in Communication
From: spencer at aotera.org (Spencer Cheng)
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 23:52:03 -0500

So true. In China, migrant workers scrimp and save to send money home to
support their family. However they always have their mobile phone so they
can be reached. Many of them (migrants and otherwise) now use their
smartphone as their primary window to the world. It?s their camera, their
picture frame, their TV, their bank, their shopping centre, their travel
agent, and etc.

I have a snapshot (lost on my hard drive) taken at a subway station in
Beijing where the 10 people lined up waiting for the train are all looking
at their phone and no one is actually paying any attention to their
environment. It?s the new reality.

Regards,
Spencer

Message from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] A World in Communication)