Subject: [Leica] Leica SL
From: photo.philippe.amard at gmail.com (Philippe)
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2015 08:27:27 +0100

Le 1 d?c. 2015 ? 04:48, Alan Magayne-Roshak <amr3 at uwmalumni.com> a ?crit :

> Just wondering...
>
> If the SL is a mirrorless camera, why does it have a hump like a DSLR?

My guess is that you need broad shoulders to carry it...

More seriously, you need room for the superlative VF/screen - also think of
X-E2 v. X-T1.
They could have used that potential room for a small flash on one side and a
coin holder on the other but the new SL as much as the X-T1 plays on the
vintage look as reflexes are now a thing of the past, more than the
brick-shaped M or many current PS's.

I may be wrong as usual.

Uninformed Philippe :-)