Subject: [Leica] Leica 24-90 SL lens question
From: red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2015 06:43:46 -0800

Why not get a Nikon flange adapter for your Leica glass, thus having the
combination you want at a small cost?

See www.Leitax.com ( about $100)  or Ebay and plug in "Nikon Leica adapter"
( about $20)

Note.... if you have the 35-70 F4 ROM version, this is worth reading BEFORE
you do much more......
http://leitax.com/conversion/leica/Vario-Elmar_f4_35-70_ROM/index.html

Leitax will do the work for you , but then you must send your lens to them
and pay for the mods....

Some of the Chinese replacement flanges available on EBay may or may not
have this issue... it depends on the design.

Frank Filippone
Red735i at verizon.net

I have no problem with hard stop infinity on the R 35-70/4.  The stars are
perfectly sharp wide open.  Much more so than with either of my Nikon zooms
focused as stated above.  Wide open they are no match for the R lens.  And I
can zoom with impunity.  But I most often need something wider than 35mm
than on the longer side.

Aram

Message from rgacpa at gmail.com (Robert Adler) ([Leica] Leica 24-90 SL lens question)
Message from leica_r8 at hotmail.com (Aram Langhans) ([Leica] Leica 24-90 SL lens question)