Subject: [Leica] upgrading to LR6
From: red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2016 22:12:24 -0800

Let's be clear.. I HATE SW subscription models.  I HATE MORE SW subscription
models that automatically upgrade.  ( that includes Windows 10).

You never know what changes will do to your workflow..... as in the "NEW
MODEL" for LR that included a completely changed import function.

But I also have no choice..... so I do it.

Kicking and screaming......

I guess I could go to Capture One... which also has a subscription
model.....

ITOL  ( in the old days), you paid for a license to use SW on your Mini or
Mainframe computer.  Every year.
You had no choice.
Then it was the PC that completely destroyed that model.
Then the SW folks thought we forgot..... so they re-instituted the
pay-as-you-go model...... or else.....
And we have no choice.

Some things never change.......

Frank Filippone
Red735i at verizon.net

I agree with Frank, CC is the only way to go.

Replies: Reply from rgacpa at gmail.com (Bob Adler) ([Leica] upgrading to LR6)
Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] upgrading to LR6)
Message from red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] upgrading to LR6)
Message from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] upgrading to LR6)