Subject: [Leica] upgrading to LR6
From: rgacpa at gmail.com (Bob Adler)
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2016 23:44:26 -0800

C1 does not have a subscription model AFIAK. You buy a license which covers
all dot upgrades. My vendor tests each release and then approves it on their
website. There have been 2 instances I recall where the upgrade was not
recommended.

The first license is less than your first PS license was. Full version
upgrades are $99 about once every 18 months. Each license is good for two
computers.

As for upgrading from LR5-6 if you use any other software that integrates
with LR5 (e.g., NIK, DXO, onOne) you may need to upgrade and/or reinstall
those.

I keep current with all licenses and subscriptions: it's like keeping your
darkroom chemicals fresh.  My most precious asset related to photography is
my time.

 I always want what I produce from that time to have the best tools
available to develop with. $10/ month for LR+PS is peanuts to the cost of my
gear and my time and efforts to get images.
Just my $.02,
Bob

Bob Adler
www.robertadlerphotography.com