Subject: [Leica] Touristy cameras
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2016 22:59:23 +0530

Steve,
I do not think so. I think your politicians and press demonize Iran too
much for short term political gain. I have a few friends who have been
going in there regularly for the last 10 years, and what I say is based on
their first hand experience. I reiterate that, IMHO, your rather random and
brutal police is more to be feared than Iran's for a casual visitor,
especially if the colour of your skin is not lily white. Their religious
theology is not much different from strains of Christian theology prevalent
in the southern states of USA either. It is a democratic country that holds
regular elections as well. Before you come at me with the religious nature
of the elections, can you imagine a Muslim as President of USA?
Cheers
Jayanand