Subject: [Leica] Corroded M9 upgrade
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2016 12:30:40 -0500

With those 3m Green abrasive cloths when have become ubiquitous in American
households and were originally designed to be something else. I got one in
my sink and one in my tool chest.

In Boston October 2000 in a fancy hotel lobby a bunch of LHSA people were
sitting around a fireplace on sofas and chairs and some guy presented
Jonathan Eastland with a very brassy M3 or M2.
He turned it over in his hands and very nicely called him out on the use of
the 3m cloth. You could say everyone was mildly impressed.. We never saw
that guy again. Turns out that technique is used to jack up the price of
cameras. Perhaps say there were used by a famous photographer. Like Tina!

On 2/13/16 8:53 AM, "Tina Manley" <images at comporium.net> wrote:

> Somebody suggested Leica was going to take my extremely well-brassed M9
> and
sell it for even more than it's worth!!  I wish I could figure out how
do that.  I have 6 very well-brassed M6's for sale!!

Tina

On Fri, Feb 12,

http://