Subject: [Leica] Fuji v Leica, and Alamy
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2016 09:50:09 -0400

I can not keep track of all these cameras as to what is what so the first
thing I do is do a Bing search for Fujifilm X-Pro1 Mirrorless Digital Camera
(Body Only)  and I get $499.00 at B&H and its not clear if its new or used I
think its new when I look further I see that in 2012 when it came out it was
selling for $1200. And its a  cropped format camera. This is a camera which
compares with a full frame Leica M camera body how? Do we blur our eyes and
pretending we are looking at the same thing here?
This is a camera obviously marketed to the the mass hipster market for
people who want to pretend they are doing a Leica thing at a fraction of the
cost as it looks good around your neck walking down the street.  And as a
cropped camera its apples and oranges.
It's suspension of disbelief folks. A shell game. Story time. Here on the
LUG we should know better.

On 4/23/16 6:19 AM, "Tina Manley" <tmanley at gmail.com> wrote:

> Gerry -

I have had exactly the same experience with Alamy and Fuji and
> quickly
switched back to Leica only.  It does make a huge
> difference.

Tina

On Fri, Apr 22, 2016 at 2:40 PM, Gerry Walden

--
Tina
> Manley
www.tinamanley.com