Subject: [Leica] Global Scotch shortage loomsyear year
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2016 10:14:45 +0530

Ted,
Try one of these if they are cheaper. You might find one of them a very
acceptable substitute for Lagavulin 16. Generally world whiskies are very
expensive as they run only small batches. The last on the list is an
exception, though, costs under US$45 here in India. Except the first, the
last four are NAS:

1. Ardbeg 10 (Light and very Peaty, as opposed to Lagavulin's Rich and
Peaty)
2. Ardbeg Corryvreckan (as good as Lagavulin, IMHO and bottled at 61%)
3. Ardbeg Uigeadail (Sweeter and less peaty than Corry, and bottled at 54%)
4. Talisker 57 North (Pepper and Peat, bottled at 57%)
5. Amrut Fusion - Indian Single Malt, and the best bang for the buck in the
world today. Has peat and sweet.

Cheers
Jayanand