Subject: [Leica] Snapshot Profile mode
From: ric at cartersxrd.net (RicCarter)
Date: Wed, 25 May 2016 00:20:58 -0400
References: <1951758760.1755544.1464006683323.JavaMail.yahoo.ref@mail.yahoo.com> <1951758760.1755544.1464006683323.JavaMail.yahoo@mail.yahoo.com> <7a3dbb8c11404f8db32aaff833b93a65@WhizzEXM02.whizz.org> <1760411294.1934352.1464014063265.JavaMail.yahoo@mail.yahoo.com> <0bf47966804540558bb041523b312934@WhizzEXM02.whizz.org> <1108704359.2619739.1464077615432.JavaMail.yahoo@mail.yahoo.com> <5b9d695a307a41f28a0abc47f54bb615@WhizzEXM01.whizz.org> <1596717995.3036054.1464095637308.JavaMail.yahoo@mail.yahoo.com> <CAFfkXxtQUewvu1CiCCZzWpaHwRLBJHfSjUji74S9NNrhidkxkw@mail.gmail.com> <579585477.28881.1464102615138.JavaMail.open-xchange@popperamen02.register.it> <1665456864.3499097.1464117752728.JavaMail.yahoo@mail.yahoo.com> <CAFfkXxuErnFfJD-1-HRvApaJtB0bzhEqgYZ1j9LN2HpJ9XU3Ow@mail.gmail.com> <CA+yJO1DFYT+g3UCZdcPTG=ScgEJj_8eHp9FNsA0-_r9A40YmWg@mail.gmail.com> <5254A4AE-FF1B-4B25-B3CC-AF7B7496EE47@gmail.com> <EF2E04C3-F89F-43F1-9F0F-0761C3BE9F60@frozenlight.eu>

I also use settings

One is for street shooting when I set the quieter shutter, shoot higher ISO
and don;t underexpose by 2/3 stop
another is for my standard shooting settings

ric

> On May 25, 2016, at 12:05 AM, Nathan Wajsman <photo at frozenlight.eu>
> wrote:
>
> I actually use a user profile on my M8. Why? Like Tina, I only ever shoot
> RAW. And my normal setting is auto ISO. But sometimes, for example when
> shooting panoramas, I do not want auto ISO because I want the same
> exposure settings on all the frames that will be stitched later. So I use
> one of my user profies for that, as it is faster to press the SET button
> and choose that user profile than to change the iSO setting.
>
> Cheers,
> Nathan
>
> Nathan Wajsman
> Alicante, Spain
> YNWA

>> On 25 May 2016, at 01:49, Sonny Carter <sonc.hegr at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I tried it once, long ago, but it was maddening to me, because it just
>> added something to undo
>>
>> from my iPad
>>
>> Sonny Carter
>>
>>> On May 24, 2016, at 6:22 PM, Tina Manley <tmanley at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I've never used a user profile.  I always shoot everything raw so no
>>> profile is needed.
>>>
>>> Tina

>>> tina-manley.artistwebsites.com

Message from john at mcmaster.fr (John McMaster) ([Leica] Snapshot Profile mode)