Subject: [Leica] Nik software
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2016 22:22:53 +0530

Nathan,
There is no comparison between the Nik tools and what is available in
Lightroom, which IMHO, is basic in comparison. Silver Efex Pro is an
integral part of my B&W workflow, as are Color Efex Pro and Viveza for
other workflow. Then, again, I have been using these tools for a very long
time, since Nik first introduced them in Nikon's Capture RAW converters
(before Nik started selling them as stand alone tools), in fact, so I am
quite conversant with all that can be done. It is not a shallow learning
curve, but rather a steep one, and just the advantage of being able to work
on a small part of the frame at a time, via what are called "Control
Points", itself is worth the price you pay in learning to use the suite
properly. I am very comfortable with using this software, mainly because
the slog is behind me, whether you find it worthwhile or not is something
only you can decide. My advice would be to give it a fair go before
deciding one way or another.
Cheers
Jayanand