Subject: [Leica] IMG: One More from the Steinheil 85/2.8 Lens
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2016 12:08:25 +0200

Jim,

Very nice!

One of my favourite lenses for flower shots is also a
Steinheil. A Cassarit 45/2.8 (made for a Braun Paxette).

Just like your 85, it delivers deliciously dreamy
backgrounds and wonderful colours (looks as if mine has
around 16 iris blades - could be more!)

The haze around the petals is probably because I didn't
bother cleaning the front element properly;-)

Here are a couple of samples from a while ago:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/d/163205-1/63_MG_9476.jpg
http://gallery.leica-users.org/d/163199-2/41_MG_9474.jpg

Taken with the lens with all sorts of adapters (M39 to
M42 and M42 to CY) on Novoflex bellows (CY to Canon EF)
on my trusty Canon 20D.

Cheers
Douglas

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] IMG: One More from the Steinheil 85/2.8 Lens)