Subject: [Leica] IMGS: Nomadic Families
From: tmanley at gmail.com (Tina Manley)
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2016 18:48:00 -0400

PESO:

I'M FINISHED!!!!!!

I just edited the last of the photos of Iran.  I edited 12,881 photos down
to about 2300.   I'm still uploading the last few.

The last adventure was visiting nomadic families in Fars Province.  The
first family was Qashqai and they had just set up their tent the night
before after traveling for several days, transporting their sheep and goats
by truck.  They invited us into their tents and gave us tea and lunch.

http://tinamanley.photoshelter.com/gallery-image/Iran/G0000YmlbTddL96g/I0000wKUnrjNtVxA

And the next 47.

The next family were Galehzan, also known as Basseri - also a nomadic tribe
but full-blooded Persians.  We had cooking oil, rice, and flour that we had
brought as gifts.  They also invited us into the tent for tea.

http://tinamanley.photoshelter.com/gallery-image/Iran/G0000YmlbTddL96g/I0000wKUnrjNtVxA

To THE END!!  (Some will still be uploading until tonight)

Now I have to start on Turkey.

C&C greatly appreciated.  I'm babysitting grandkids for a couple of days
and then going to Charleston for 4 days.  I'm not going to look at photos
of Iran until I get back!  It will be good to get away from the computer
for a few days.

Thanks for all of the valuable input, advice, comments - and thanks for
just looking!!  I appreciate it.

Tina

--
Tina Manley