Subject: [Leica] Article on Photography
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2016 05:53:32 +0530

George,
I agree 100%. The reality is the marketplace, not what we want it to be in
our dreams, and accepting reality is a necessity for a balanced view.
Shutting our perceptions to reality on the basis of deeply cherished and
entrenched biases is only for those who would vote for Trump..... :-) It is
also worth keeping in mind that the word "better" is also a highly relative
term....

We can always walk away from what we do not like, but the rest will surely
open our minds to new avenues. This, IMHO, holds good for music and the
written word, as well as the visual arts, be it painting, photography,
cinema, etc.

I collect Modern Indian Art, and have been doing so for close to 30 years
now. Sometimes, I do not understand how a piece of art can sell for a
million bucks, but there is at least one person, the buyer, who does know
why. It is worth keeping that in mind.....

Cheers
Jayanand

Sent from my iPad