Subject: [Leica] IMG: Two Ladies at the Airport
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2016 16:33:17 -0700

Hi Jim,
" I have read that the Leica 90mm makes a nice portrait lens.  I'm
impressed."
No Jim it isn't the lens! It's the guy holding and using the camera and
lens! I know you already know that and practise it every day! :-)
All our LEICA gear is nothing but metal/glass junk if it weren't for our
enthusiasm for photography and knowledge in how to make it work!
I'm so fed up with the ongoing piles of advertising crap about new super
whiz bang camera gear with all these new bells and whistles. That maybe
true!
Unfortunately there are millions upon millions who have the gear and they're
mental moron midgets about what makes and does make the captured moments.
Oh they know how to make it work. Well turn it on and or whatever thingy
switches it may have?
But they do not have one iota of photographic knowledge about composition,
lighting or light use good bad & ugly.
But we sickenly continue to hear how great they are as photographers when in
reality the only thing they know for sure???? IS HOW TO TURN IT ON AND TWEAK
A SWITCH OR TWO!
But then we of the "CREW" have an entirely different relation toward our
most lovable photo hobbies and or professions!
Oh just my miserable passing thoughts after looking at some BS dumb ass
camera advertising!
Have a nice day! :-)
cheers,
Dr. ted  :-)