Subject: [Leica] Leica announces Summaron-M 28mm f/5.6
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2016 14:21:07 -0400

I actually saw the prototype at the LHSA convention.  Small, very well
made, good to great glass.  Speed is no real issue in digital and there are
other options if you want shallow dof in your wide shots.  Realistic lens
for most photographers especially newer less affluent that want a real
Leica(read asia)lens.

I think Leica is trying to address non-used pricing as well as calling up
heritage and collectors.