Subject: [Leica] When it rains, it pours..
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2016 16:12:51 +0100

Richard, are you using it as a walking pole as well? They aren't engineered
for that levels of stress I would imagine. I use a Gitzo G126 for
lightweight stuff, but wouldn't dream of using to lean on. I also use a
Manfrotto Art 190 which is heavy and very solid. Its downsides are it's very
heavy, and needs gloves to handle on chilly days, but its upsides are it's
very sturdy, and would be handy as a weapon in a fight :-) It's been around
for 30 years approx and you could pick up one of those cheaply I'd imagine.

Douglas