Subject: [Leica] reuesting info from Leica
From: tmanley at gmail.com (Tina Manley)
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2016 20:51:50 -0400

On the other hand, I had a Canon lens fall apart - one of the "expensive" L
lenses.  I sent it in under warranty and got it back promptly. Absolutely
nothing had been done!! It was still in pieces with wires hanging out! And
even after it was fixed, it was worthless. I'm sticking with Leica.

Tina

Sent from my iPhone

> On Nov 2, 2016, at 8:24 PM, Scott Gregory <scottgregory at mac.com> wrote:
>
> Douglas just a thought in reply to your M9 comment. I just got mine back
> yesterday from Leica US. About a 5-6 week turnaround so not the horror
> stories I hear from some. The camera has been wonderful and I've used it
> for 6 years now. Hope to keep it a lot longer.
>
> Scott
>
>> On Nov 2, 2016, at 4:40 PM, Douglas Barry <imra at iol.ie> wrote:
>>
>> Yes Doug, Leica problems and hence the subsequent service seems to make
>> for dismal reading. I think I'm finally going to go ahead and buy a Sony
>> full frame A7 or A7ii as the Leica option - a 2nd hand M9 - is looking
>> more problematic and much as though I'd like one, the scare stories are
>> unlikely to lead to happiness.
>>
>> Being realistic, the amount of photography I do is now harmless, and it
>> would be stupid to buy an M240 just to have it sitting around with little
>> use. So the Sony solution with adaptors seems the best as it would enable
>> me to use the large number of old lenses from various manufacturers
>> easily.
>>
>> Douglas
>>

>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Doug Herr" <wildlightphoto at
>> earthlink.net>

>>> coming.     Phone message response by machine is "person is not