Subject: [Leica] Best Learning Camera
From: abridge683 at fastmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2016 09:57:30 -0800

If I were me I?d go the M8 route with an affordable 35mm or 50mm lens.
She?ll learn to make her own decisions because she?ll have to. The controls
aren?t fussy, the camera is a brick.

Rangefinder instead of mirrorless? Good to know about framing, about seeing.
The camera will help her.

AND the camera has history - it?s connected to you. You?ll get to tell her
about using it. It?ll have a meaning that a new camera could never have.
Brassed? Even better.

Great presents connect past and future, giver and receiver.

The M8 would make a wonderful gift. Then use the extra money to find a lens
or two on e-bay or somewhere. They don?t have to be fabulous optics, just
good enough to learn.

And no matter what decision you make she?ll always have grandma to talk to
about her photos: priceless!

Adam

Replies: Reply from leica_r8 at hotmail.com (Aram) ([Leica] Best Learning Camera)