Subject: [Leica] SL redux
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2017 18:12:45 -0800 (GMT-08:00)

Last year I had an opportunity to test-drive a Leica SL for a few months and
I concluded it wasn't quite ready for me.  My primary complaints were an
inability to keep the viewfinder in 'exposure preview' mode and a lack of
sensor stabilization.

You may also recall the saga of my 280 APO that had been sent to Leica for
service and returned after 8 months un-repaired and looking like it had been
dropped on the rear lens cap.  My words for Leica were not kind.

Leica's appeasement is a one-month loan of an SL and 90-280 APO, which
should arrive by the end of the week.  The lens has an optical stabilization
feature which would eliminate one of my complaints about the camera, at
least in the 90-280mm range.  To be continued.

BTW, I recommend Leica dealer Tony Rose (popflash.com) for all your Leica
needs, including prodding Leica USA.

Doug Herr
Orangevale, Sacramento County
http://www.wildlightphoto.com