Subject: [Leica] Don McCullin knighted
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2017 11:36:06 -0000

Bob,
McCullin was made a CBE in 1993, only eleven years after the Falklands spat,
so he's clicked away happily for twenty four years with the tag Commander of
the British Empire before being further honoured. I'm delighted to see
photographers receive honours outside the industry, and, while the empire
exists purely as a historical term on a medal, despite being Irish and
republican, I certainly have no objections to the use of the word empire.

Mmmm, I wonder did Kate Middleton - the new member of the Royal Photographic
Society - help swing the decision?
:-)

Douglas