Subject: [Leica] Scanner advice sought
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2017 23:43:01 +0000

Richard's comments about his scanner is timely.

I am trying to scan old negs as a prelude to doing some film work. I had -
and
used to use successfully - an EPSON Perfection 2400. However not having used
it
for several years it failed to work properly when I tried it under W10, so I
am
looking round for a new scanner to handle B&W 35mm film.

Anyone any suggestions?

Criteria: High quality and high resolution; able to handle strips as well as
rolls; accurate; must produce TIFFs as well as other formats such as JPEGs;
good
tools desirable but not absolutely necessary given the present state of PS
etc.

Thanks in advance,

Peter
--