Subject: [Leica] IMG: More Experimenting with Bird Images
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2017 18:06:49 -0800 (GMT-08:00)

Jim Nichols wrote:

... a sneaky blind and an enticement to come close is the approach that I am
pursuing.
<<<

My semi-permanent blind is made from discarded shipping pallets,
re-configured to suit my needs:

http://www.wildlightphoto.com/temp/_DSC6048_.jpg
http://www.wildlightphoto.com/temp/_DSC6049_.jpg

The enticements include thistle seed for goldfinches and siskin (siskin are
absent this winter), sunflower seed for nuthatches, House Finches and Purple
Finches (Purple also absent this year), suet for wrens, jays, magpies,
mockingbirds, nuthatches and kinglets, grape jelly for kinglets, warblers
and mockingbirds, and water for everyone else.

Doug Herr
Orangevale, Sacramento County
http://www.wildlightphoto.com
http://doug-herr.fineartamerica.com