Subject: [Leica] IMG: Exploring the 90mm
From: boulanger.croissant at gmail.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2017 15:13:12 -0700

Tina:  For years, I've used computer glasses that are classic bifocals,
with prescriptions for arms-length (computer and music stand) on top,
and reading on the bottom.  They make life much easier, as sometimes I
need to read something on paper while at the computer, or move close to
see some detail on the screen.  I also use +2.5 readers from the drug
store, and my regular distance/reading bifocals. And much of the time in
the house, no glasses at all.

So I've got 3 pairs of glasses I use regularly, plus nothing.  Some
Internet Wag of Infinite Wisdom posted that you know you're a "senior"
when the thing you say the most is, "Where the hell are my glasses?"  I
try to always leave mine in the same place to avoid that.  I have
varying degrees of success.  I've even "lost" them after hanging them on
the "V" formed by my open shirt collar.

I have an eye exam on Wednesday, and like Jim, I think I may need a
stronger prescription for the computer. We'll see. Good luck to both of us!

Jim:  That 90 looks like it was made for your flutterbyes.  A short tele
that focuses reasonably close is often better than a 50mm for close-ups.
You get the same magnifications, but you can be a bit farther back, so
you don't cast a shadow on the subject--or scare it away.  :-)

--Peter

Replies: Reply from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] IMG: Exploring the 90mm)
Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] IMG: Exploring the 90mm)