Subject: [Leica] IMG: cheetahs on the Serengeti grasslands
From: abridge at mac.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2017 12:37:57 -0700

We encountered a family of cheetahs: three cubs and the mother. The mother
left the cubs where a small watercourse cuts through the plain. Staying out
of sight was too much for the cubs who climbed up to look for their parent.

Here the mother is stalking through the wind-blown grasses:

<https://adam-bridge.smugmug.com/2017-Europe-Tanzania/Tanzania/On-Safari/i-kWDWHJZ/A>

Two of the cubs seeking mom:

<https://adam-bridge.smugmug.com/2017-Europe-Tanzania/Tanzania/On-Safari/i-JVT8RmJ/A>

The mom finally found a place and called her cubs to her - a high pitched
cry that is closer to something a bird would make than I expected from a
cat. The cubs exploded out of their hiding area and sprinted to their mother
where much rolling around, licking and good times ensued before they all
settled down.

I think it was going to be a long day because as we swept the area with our
binoculars we didn?t see a single gazelle or antelope.

Thanks for looking. Again, shot with Fuji X-T2 and the 100-400mm zoom.
Focusing in the tall, waving grasses was difficult!

Adam

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] IMG: cheetahs on the Serengeti grasslands)
Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] IMG: cheetahs on the Serengeti grasslands)