Subject: [Leica] Leica officially announced Thambar 2.2/90
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2017 00:03:15 -0700

OK RAB BABY I'M WITH YOU ABOUT ALL THIS "THUMBAR crap"!

Anyone who requires a "s0ft focus"? photograph is already into dumb-ass
nonsense!
What I can't understand is? Here is LEICA all these years extolling the
fantastic sharpness and crispness of the LEICA lenses and then they come out
with a piece of crap called the "THUMBAR LENS????" Yep maybe for the odd
"portrait photog?" HECK do I want a soft'misty look? I'll just give a very
slight smear of Vaseline!
What is happening in Germany is"The head guys know they're going into the
dump bucket because they are still living in the'30's?????????? WHEN THEY
WERE STILL DOING VERY WELL IN SELLING TO THE WORKING TRIBES OF NEWS AND
PHOTOJOURNALISTS! TODAY? THEY ARE GOING INTO THE CRAP BUCKET!!!!!:-(
WHY???????????
UNFORTUNATELY DUE TO THE CAMERA MARKET AROUND THE WORLD PRODUCING "CAMERAS
FOR TODAY! AT A PRICE GENERAL PHOTOGRAPHERS OF TODAY CAN'T AFFORD!
Economically as of these past years? Camera's/LEICA's have been far more for
the "super rich" of the profession?" Or wealthy folks of the world!
We on the outside of the elites of the world?
The big time leica CAMERA/maker owners "DO NOT LISTEN TO US" Many of us
who've used Leica's almost since the early '50's OR EARLIER until today. Me?
Not one LEICA @ a time!
However, quite often 3 M's hanging around my neck on my chest! Yes up to
date models every time new versions came to market. Plus 2 slr's and motors
on my left shoulder and another on my right shoulder and all 6 cameras with
various lenses!
Of course not on every assignment, but most Olympics, winter and summer,
professional football & many years in the operating rooms of Canada,across
the USA, with a fair number in the USSR while creating my books about the
medical profession in the operating & recovery rooms of hospitals!!
Sorry for my rambling! But as I see LEICA AND THEIR DUMB ASS EXECUTIVES
destroying LEICA as the great camera machines we've all used many many
years? I've just become absolutely ticked off with their modern day
stupidity!
 A "THUMBAR LENS?" They'd be better off making lenses for the IPHONE! Or the
complete I CAMERAS! Simply because photography is going to continue to
advance until the IPHONE becomes the camera of complete communication!
OH YOU DON'T BELEIVE ME??????
OK just sit back and watch for the LEICA IPHONE??
A somewhat distraught old LEICA photojournalist!
CHEERS,
Dr.Ted Grant O.C.

---

Replies: Reply from dankhong at gmail.com (Dan Khong) ([Leica] Leica officially announced Thambar 2.2/90)