Subject: [Leica] lightroom
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2017 17:26:21 -0500

I often call what you call the process of processing post-processing.

It comes from my career in movie and television where it stands for
quality-improvement image processing.

Not to be confused with editing, which is what I call cropping, picking out
the best image to use, and in what order it will appear.

I don't use the term image manipulation in that manner.  To me, image
manipulation is when you significantly change an image to be what it
wasn't.

Shopping is what I do when I scroll through B&H's pages or Rangefinder
Forum.  I usta go shopping on the LUG, but nobody posts anything good for
sale here anymore.

Processing to me is still rolling film on reels, sticking them in cans,
putting various fluids into the cans in a systematic manner, and after the
film is processed, I dry it.

Processing is also when the camera sensor turns light that I point my
camera at into digits, and I put into my computer and it is processed into
an image.

your mileage may vary.

--
Regards,