Subject: [Leica] Leica, RIP
From: photo.forrest1 at gmail.com (photo.forrest1 at gmail.com)
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2017 13:43:59 -0400

+1Phil Forrestgallery.leica-users.org/v/philforrest/
------ Original message------From: Frank FilipponeDate: Tue, Oct 31, 2017
12:17To: 'Leica Users Group';Cc: Subject:[Leica] Leica, RIP
I sent my Monochrom  camera in for a (free) corroded sensor replacement
inAugust.I was told, in late September, that it was done and it was
scheduled to shipback to me while we were on vacation.. so I delayed the
shipment.I called today to find out status, and was told ita)     Was not
doneb)    Leica is still waiting on parts  c)     That the turnaround time
for Monochrom is always 20 + weeks  ( firsttime I was given any repair time
frame)d)    There was no commitment to rushe)     No trade in towards a CMOS
Monochrom was ever madef)      No offer (ever) to loan me a camera until my
camera was repaired Do they wonder why anyone would buy a camera from them
after this kind ofmind boggling behavior? I don't want to hear about how
someone got their camera back in a week,fully repaired. My experience is
different... and always has been. The words.. abused, terrible, and worse
come to mind...Would I buy another camera from Leica? You pushed me to the
limit, Leica.  The love affai
 r is over. RIP Frank Filippone Red735i at verizon.net