Subject: [Leica] LUG archive finally working again
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2018 21:25:19 -0800

The LUG archive at http://leica-ussers.org/ stopped working at the stroke of
midnight on 1 Jan 2018.
I have only now managed to fix it.

I created the LUG and its online mechanisms when I was 41. Today I am 68.
I'm
not quite as expert in debugging strange computer problems as I used to be.
I'm
sorry it was offline for so long. I'm glad my brain still works well enough
that
I was able to find and fix the problem.

Things that you do every day are easy to remember. Things that you do every
few
years are harder to remember, and of course even if you write them down (I
always do) the computing environment in which they are imbedded will have
changed. But I've written this process down in much more detail than is
typical
for me, so that if it happens again I won't have to do much thinking in
order to
fix it, so it won't be offline for a month.

Brian Reid
LUG saloon keeper

Replies: Reply from bjq1 at mac.com (Bernard Quinn) ([Leica] LUG archive finally working again)
Reply from cartersxrd at gmail.com (CartersXRd) ([Leica] LUG archive finally working again)