Subject: [Leica] Leica digital vs Sony A7RIII
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2018 12:54:04 -0500

Not to be disruptive but I am in the midst of figuring out which way if any
to go.  I have been happy with my A7R and have dealt with the shutter
bounce issues fairly well.  So, this model is getting long in the tooth.
For Mark this is about the 5 axis stabilization, 1.5 to 2 stop better tonal
scale, much better high ISO capabilities not so much newer and shinier.

Now, I am a very long term M user and truly value the ability to use the
camera as a wow, click tool.  I have done very well with M's as a landscape
camera and with focus stacking you can do amazing things with Leica.  But,
the lure of lower cost, higher pixel count, image stabilization is
calling.  On the up side my Leica wides will work better on the M platform
than elsewhere without some interesting modifications.

Now, I am sort of locked into the Sony alternative as I have adapters for
everything from Exacta to Contarex and just about every mount in between.
Although I do truly appreciate the integration Olympus has done with their
sensors and lenses; I have a very significant investment in a lot of lenses
that would not benefit from the Olympus integration with their brand.

So, please chime in.  Especially Sonny who has had a III for a while and
can comment intelligently about pros and cons.

Thanks to all for considering this concept we have all faced with varying
platforms.

--
Don
don.dory at gmail.com