Subject: [Leica] Leica digital vs Sony A7RIII
From: abridge at mac.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2018 11:20:34 -0800

I have an A7Rii and an A7ii.

I took the A7ii to Tanzania a few years ago with a Leitz f4 180mm R lens and
a telextender. The five axis stabilization made a HUGE difference with this
lens.

I am happy with the A7Rii which I?ve used for several years now. I use it
for my fine photography with the A7ii as backup. I find it has a bit of
color noise - but you certainly know this from the A7R - color noise seems
common with Sony sensors.

I?d love to have the better battery that the A7Riii. The pixel shift is
interesting but not that attractive to me.

I?ll be interested in how others respond.

For casual use I?ve moved entirely to Fuji X-T2 which I love. Moving back
and forth between the two systems really shows how much more Fuji
understands the photographer than Sony does. Leica, I think, understands the
photographer better than Fuji in terms of user interface experience but the
gap is closing and I haven?t tried one of the newest Leica cameras - they?ve
just become too expensive for me to consider. Sony is bad enough.

Adam Bridge