Subject: [Leica] IMG: The Remnants of the Afternoon
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2018 02:03:17 +0100

Philippe, that sounds a nice lunch,? I love fresh young asparagus.

On the Cotes de Castillon wine - the '07 l'Aurage - we were put on to it
by Benoit our contact man in St-Emilion and we visited the chateau in
'08. We tasted the wine in barrel and took a chance on it by buying a
few cases. It was a great decision. The chateau is one of three owned by
Louis Mitjaville (including Tertre Roteboeuf) and while we were lucky to
get the cases before its reputation soared, the '07 is now tiring in my
opinion and on the decline, but we only tasted one bottle and may have
been unlucky with it. That said, we're going to finish the remaining
l'Aurage '07s during our spring dinner in a couple of weeks.

I thought I might have some photos of the place during our '08 visit,
but checking it out, I can't find it. That said I did find a whole lot
of photos from our 2010 visit to Bordeaux and it includes d'Yquem. Must
put some up.

Douglas