Subject: [Leica] It's all your fault
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun, 13 May 2018 00:33:19 -0400

I don?t go for this proprietary nonsense.
I store my images as a .psd which is a photoshop document then then also
make a .jpg out of it so I can show it to somebody or upload it.
The idea that in the year 2525 no one is not going to be able to open my
.psd but sure open a tiff  is a fig newton of someone else's imagination.
It's a known fact that in the year 2525 we'd have outgrown all need of our
physical existence and will be like floating holograms. Kind of like ghosts
but in color.
And these floating holograms will just think "open" and it opens anything.
Your antique refrigerator. Your antique car. Doors.  Your antique computer
files. You name it.
You read it here first. This is history which hasn't quite gotten around to
happening yet.
I also find tiffs to be huge ungainly awkward ugly images or file
descriptions. I've not made one in way over a decade. Yet I still go on.
With all those extra sittings who knows which ones to check or not check?

--

Mark William Rabiner
Photographer