Subject: [Leica] It's all your fault
From: tmanley at gmail.com (Tina Manley)
Date: Sun, 13 May 2018 12:45:13 -0400

Every photo that I edit is exported as both a tiff (or psd with layers) in
my permanent file and as a watermarked jpeg in my "for the web" file.  I
may save several different edits in different sizes, depending on the
project.  The originals are always archived on my hard drives.

This is why I have 33 external hard drives hooked up to my computer and
about that many duplicates stored off-site.

I don't anticipate ever doing away with LR, but if I did, I still have all
copies of my files, original and edited, on my hard drives, not in the
cloud.

Tina

On Sun, May 13, 2018 at 10:40 AM, Brian Reid <reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
wrote:

> So, yes, I don't use the cloud. I keep my images on my desktop computer
> and on several external hard drives (including two ReadyNAS boxes in
> separate buildings). Once a month I FedEx a hard drive to a relative on the
> other side of the country. It's all safe. But now unless I pay my
> protection money, I cannot preserve access to the edits I have made unless
> I have exported the edited images and saved those  exports. I do exactly
> that for my most important images, but I never know what 20-year-old image
> is going to become important next week.
>
> Brian Reid
>
> --
Tina Manley