Subject: [Leica] First film in a long time
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2018 19:31:46 -0700

Hi Tina,
I CAN'T IMAGINE RETURNING TO "film!" It is an archaic form of recording
photo image/moments!
I also realize there are a great number of photog-newbie's trying it and I
think that is wonderful for them to have a go at souping film and the big
pain in the butt in doing so!
But during my career on assignments I would return to home and darkroom with
several hundred rolls of film to process and make contact sheets. Not just
the two or three rolls from about the city assignments.
Where today and digital, the darkroom is eliminated all together!!!!
Yes there's a sort of "computer/screen time editing" after a shoot/ but
nothing to clean-up.
There isn't any mess to clean print washers and dryers, nor darkroom to
always have to clean-up, along with all the garbage.
It just isn't worth the cost of photo paper, film, enlarger, chemicals,
dyers and all the rest of the paraphernalia.
But too each his/her own which they may choose. But if someone begins with
digital? Then tries to switch to film, I just can't imagine they'll stay
with it other than giving it a bit of a try? Then forgetting it altogether
and return quickly to digital!
But then??? who knows???????????? :-)
cheers,
Dr. Ted Grant O.C.