Subject: [Leica] Paper profile question
From: chris at chriscrawfordphoto.com (Christopher Crawford)
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2018 01:11:24 -0400

I used Imageprint with my first good inkjet printer, the Epson 2200, 16
years ago. It was great, and back then was the only way to get good BW
prints, but the pricing was really extreme, and its gotten FAR worse. The
version for 13x19 printers was $500 back then, and now its $700. I am using
an Epson P800 now and they want $900 for the software for it. No thanks; I
just plain cannot afford that.

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography

Like My Work on Facebook

?On 8/22/18, 12:24 AM, "LUG on behalf of Jayanand Govindaraj via LUG"
<lug-bounces+chris=chriscrawfordphoto.com at leica-users.org on behalf of
lug at leica-users.org> wrote:

    I have been using ImagePrint ever since 2003/4 when I started printing in
    earnest, in the days of getting random green and magenta tints on B&W
    prints on an Epson 1290. There was no choice but use a RIP in those days
    for neutral B&W output, and IP's profiles were, and still are, much
better
    than the manufacturers canned ones. Having paid out the initial joining
fee
    eons ago, I have been upgrading as and when I have been upgrading
printers,
    as I am used to their interface and it is a part of my printing workflow.
    If I were in the same position today that I was way back then, I would
not
    bother with a RIP, as Chris pointed out, and stick to the Epson ABW
driver,
    as it has improved by leaps and bounds over the years.

    Cheers
    Jayanand

    On Wed, Aug 22, 2018 at 9:00 AM Paul Roark via LUG <lug at
leica-users.org>
    wrote:

    > I print all my B&W with QuadToneRip.
    >
    > Many use the OEM inkset, but I prefer a dedicated B&W approach.
    >
    > FWIW,
    >
    > Paul
    > www.PaulRoark.com
    >
    > On Tue, Aug 21, 2018 at 5:39 PM Christopher Crawford <
    > chris at chriscrawfordphoto.com> wrote:
    >
    > > Ken,
    > >
    > > Inexpensive profiling kits like that one don't really produce very
good
    > > profiles, and even the high end profiling devices don't do well for
BW

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1369004-REG/x_rite_eostudio_i1studio.html