Subject: [Leica] Paper profile question
From: chris at chriscrawfordphoto.com (Christopher Crawford)
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2018 12:35:44 -0400

The Epson ABW mode has presets for warm, neutral, cool, and sepia. You can
then tweak them to get the color you like.

The good profiling kits cost thousands, and even they don't give perfect
results with B&W. They're for color printing, and do well for that.
--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography

Like My Work on Facebook

?On 8/23/18, 12:13 PM, "LUG on behalf of Ken Carney"
<lug-bounces+chris=chriscrawfordphoto.com at leica-users.org on behalf of
kcarney1 at cox.net> wrote:

    Thanks.  I thought $398 for a profiling kit might be too good to be
    true, but you never know.  Epson ABW is good, but I like to print with a
    slight warm tone (Photoshop gradient fill layer with "selenium #1 dialed
    way back), so it looks like a good paper profile for me.  I also bought
    ImagePrint for my first good printer, an Epson 2200, but as you note it
    cost about as much as the printer these days.

    Ken

    On 8/21/2018 7:38 PM, Christopher Crawford wrote:
    > Ken,
    >
    > Inexpensive profiling kits like that one don't really produce very
good profiles, and even the high end profiling devices don't do well for BW
printing. To be honest, the Epson Advanced BW Mode produces FAR more
accurate B&W prints than you'll get from using any color profile, and it is
built-in and free.