Subject: [Leica] IMG: Lluis and I at Cafe Zurich
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2018 16:03:35 +0100

I'm just back from Barcelona where my wife and I stayed for eight days.
It was a holiday, so I didn't focus on photography. We did meet Lluis
last Tuesday in Cafe Zurich and went for a very pleasant dinner with him
on Wednesday evening in the Juilivert Meu. As you'll see, his cloak of
invisibility interferes with the autofocus on the little Fuji.

I was going to bring the Sony A7ii and a few Leica lenses, but the
practicalities of portability and the city's reputation for thievery
helped me decide on the Fuji. On the second day, a gang of pickpockets
got my wallet on the metro. The usual distraction first, this time by
well dressed girls who jumped on from the left just in front of us,
stopped dead, turned, and pretended to look at the route notice above
the door while pressing up against us and blocking us. I felt a lighter
touch on my right hip and, realising what was happening, grabbed a male
arm by his left wrist, and swung him around while roaring at him and the
group. Another one of the group then told me that my wallet was on the
floor behind me, picked it up and handed it to me. My wife of course
thought I was having an episode of train rage with some innocents as
they were all so well dressed, but that was soon dispelled when other
passengers told her they saw the thief throwing the wallet behind him to
the floor with his right hand when I grabbed his left. The very dapper
gang all got off at the next station with the pickpocket rubbing his arm
and complaining about my injuring him!

After that I joined the marsupial tendency of Barcelona visitors, and
kept everything valuable in a pouch at the front. The trip was great bar
that one incident.

The dangers of autofocus in the untrained hand (my wife) - meeting the
King of Zurich in Barcelona.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/DouglasBray/Spain/Barcelona+2018/Lluis+Cafe+Zurich.jpg.html

Fuji X100S. Can be seen Large, but looks worse!

Douglas

Replies: Reply from bjq1 at mac.com (Bernard Quinn) ([Leica] IMG: Lluis and I at Cafe Zurich)
Reply from lluisripollphotography at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll) ([Leica] IMG: Lluis and I at Cafe Zurich)
Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] IMG: Lluis and I at Cafe Zurich)