Subject: [Leica] infrared - Howard
From: hlritter at bex.net (Howard Ritter)
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2019 08:55:02 -0500

Bonjour, Philippe?

Your efforts produced quite an improvement. I must admit I took these photos
before I had come to realize how much Photoshop?s Camera Raw can improve
even images that you don?t immediately see as needing improvement, and I
never got around to seeing what could be done with them.

The contrast improvement is not a surprise, but the gain in sharpness is.
I've never been happy with the soft focus I always seem to get in IR despite
having tried shifting focus and stopping down, or both. But as Nathan
pointed out, less than critical sharpness usually doesn?t detract from the
esthetics of an IR landscape. I think the increased sharpness you got
strikes a nice balance.

No harm done!

Merci,
?howard