Subject: [Leica] Art VS Pornography
From: george.imagist at icloud.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2019 17:18:15 -0500

I participate on that page.
I?ve not seen anything I would refer to as ?pornography.?

I have seen a lot of pseudo erotic so-called ?boudoir? photography;
which I?ve never had much appreciation for;
even while I do appreciate beautiful women;
I don?t appreciate ?pretend situation? photography.?

At the same time I DO appreciate:
fine formal portrait photography
environmental portrait photography
candid portrait photography

and of course lines blur between all those classifications.

The page also presents

> On Apr 24, 2019, at 2:33 PM, Tina Manley via LUG <lug at leica-users.org>
> wrote:
>
> LUG:
>
> Are any of you members of the FB page Leica Portrait Group??  It has always
> emphasized nude women over actual portraits but has now crossed the line,
> as far as I'm concerned, into pornography.  Even worse, the photos have no
> redeeming photographic quality.  I've left the group.
>
> I just wondered if anybody else had an opinion or am I just being a
> sensitive female?

George Lottermoser
george.imagist at icloud.com

Replies: Reply from tmanley at gmail.com (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Art VS Pornography)