Subject: [Leica] Wondering
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2019 12:01:57 +0100

Ahh, Bill, the Lug yearbook - that certainly was a way to see good
comtemplatable images in that people had to curate their own to produce
in what their opinion was their best two in that particular year, ahh
well.... Then again, maybe Leo Wesson's arm - clothed in white samite -
will break the surface of some Texas lake holding up the long lost
yearbook, or at least with an explanation of its mysterious
disappearance at some time in the near future.

As for sending pictures as an attachment, I'm against it. Some of us
luggers have a limit on how much bandwidth we can use each month, so the
prospect of being swamped with attachments, is very unpalatable. As
others have pointed out, Brian has set up an excellent method at looking
at posters' images - the Lug Gallery. Thanks Brian! I try to look at
every image posted there, but don't necessarily have the time to comment
on everything.

On Leicas, I still have two, but haven't used them as I haven't got
around to setting up my darkroom and enlarger due to being kept busy
because of my wife's illness. I do intend to try to get back to them at
some stage.

Douglas

On photography, I thought this was interesting
https://www.bbc.com/news/av/entertainment-arts-49450520/unlocking-the-secrets-of-orphaned-old-camera-film-rolls