Subject: [Leica] OT: hosting provider going belly up
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2024 12:59:11 +0200

I just received a notice, out of the blue, that the hosting provider I have
been using for many years for the frozenlight.eu site is closing at the end
of this year. So now I need to find a new hosting provider for that web
site, and a couple of other sites and domains I have with the same provider.
Any recommendations on hosting providers in Europe? The existing provider
has a deal with another Dutch provider which promises to migrate the web
site for free if I sign up with them, but I am not familiar with that
particular company and would prefer a big-name provider.

Also, a really dumb question: when I do a whois search on one of the domains
I registered through those guys, greatpix.eu (but I just use the domain, no
hosting in this case), the registrar is a different company. So even though
I bought the domain through the company that is closing, is the domain
?safe?, or do I still need to do something with it?

Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman

Alicante, Spain