To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Tamron 2x & Winder R question.
From: David Young <youngs@IslandNet.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 96 17:12 PDT

Hi Eric!

>Two things. I've owned a Tamron 2x converter in the late 70s. Pretty good.
>I've also used the 1.4 converter. It's trash. I would say you'd be much
>better off with the Leica converter.

OK.

>Besides, the Tamron will only work on
>their lenses. The adaptall mount is on the back, but the mount on the front
>is proprietary to fit their lenses without a camera mount intervening.

Of course! Why didn't I realize that first! Oh silly me... I will save my
pennies.

However, a while back you advised a chap (Ken Wilcox, as I recall) to reset
the circuit breaker in his jammed R4 Winder.  I peeked in my Winder R -
which is the replacement for R4 - but could not locate any button, lever or
other "thing-y" which might by a breaker.

Now my winder has never given me a stitch of trouble, but Mr. Wilcox'
experience made me think what I'd do if I was away somewhere, and mine quit.

And so I ask, have you or any group members, had any experience with the
Winder R.  Does it have a breaker, and if so, where do they hide it?

Thank you kindly.

David Young: youngs@IslandNet.com

This life is a test. It is only a test. If this
were an actual life, you would have been given
further instructions as to where to go, and what to do.