Subject: Re: Takeup Spool and the Leicavit
From: photology@juno.com (Thomas P Myro)
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 1997 17:50:01 EST

On Sun, 16 Feb 1997 10:50:34 -0500 wilcox@umcc.umich.edu (Ken Wilcox)
writes:
>I haven't had one yet but would like to. I did inspect a IIIg with
>Leicavit
>yesterday at a swap meet, but didn't have the $.
>
>I do have, but no longer use a Ricoh 500 with a similar winding
>mechanism.
>It also has two focusing levers, one on each side of the lens. These
>two
>features together make it ver fast handling.
>
>Anyone have a Leicavit for IIIf/g or M body they would like to part
>with
>real cheap?
>
>kw
>
>>Now about the Leicavit..... was it cool or was it a pain?  I never
>had one,
>>but it looked very useful.
>>Those with the Canon camera equivalent could offer valid opinions
>too.
>>
>>Frank Filippone
>>red735i@worldnet.att.net
>
>----
>Ken Wilcox                                Carolyn's Personal Touch
>Portraits
>LHSA, MEA, LAW                         preferred--->
><wilcox@umcc.umich.edu>
>
><kwilcox@genesee.freenet.org>

Good Day!

We had a Leicavit in our store ages ago, it was a lively little accessory
that provided the only rapid firing option aside from the Robot, B&H
Foton, and the poorly received Zeiss Ikon Tenax I&II, none of which
offered the mechanical reliablility of the Leicavit.

I bought on as a gift to a friend of mine once, and he used it regularly
for a while.  It has a few stiff places, as it advances, and you will
undoubtedly scuff up your index finger for a while.  If you want a quick
shooter with the quality of LTM, though, it's just the thing.

Thomas P. Myro
Photology@juno.com