Subject: Re: journalistic photography in 50s
From: ted grant <75501.3002@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 18 May 97 23:06:56 EDT

Fred Ward wrote:

<<<<I am the same Fred Ward who photographed PORTRAIT OF A PRESIDENT, a
2-month behind-the-scenes of the USA President.>>>>>

Thanks Fred for letting me know. I would like to send you my copy by courier for
an autograph, as I collect photography books and whenever I can acquire a
signature from the author I  make a reasonable effort to get the copy signed.
Particularly when the author's work  was instrumental to my photography.

Just one of those things from over the years. I had purchased a copy of Mark
Koffman's ( ex SI photog) sports book prior to going to the LA Olympics '84. In
LA we met as we were sitting beside each other and shooting the same sport. I
told him I had his book and if I sent it would he sign it.  Hell he was all
smiles and thought it was nice for me to ask, as the book had been out for
sometime and he didn't think any one would have remembered.

 If your interested have a look at my latest book on web site.
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant.

If you don't mind please send me an address by private and I'll get your book
dug out and sent along, please sign it and return on my Fed Ex account. I'll
enclose return address etc. when I send the book.

Much appreciated as I said earlier, your book was instrumental in me being
assigned to do a similar project. So you are a special photographer whose name I
have known for some time, long before the LUG and all this e-mail stuff! :)

Thanks,

ted

Victoria, Canada
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant