Subject: Re: photographing accidents.
From: Harrison McClary <hmphoto@delphi.com>
Date: Sun, 25 May 1997 09:38:14 -0500

Ted wrote,
>As far as subpena, I don't know about the law, but I don't think that might
>happen unless it is by the police rather than the insurance company.
>Besides an
>insurance company would probably pay for them.  And if they didn't wish to pay
>for them and were going to do some dumb thing like get them with out
>paying for
>them, it is amazing how quickly they were spoiled in processing! :)
>
>ted

It was standard procedure at our newspaper to trash the negtives the day
after the accident was published, just to avoid a subpeona.  We had that
happen once and we immediately started that practice to avoid the headaches
of subpeonas.

Harrison McClary
hmphoto@delphi.com
http://people.delphi.com/hmphoto