Subject: Re: M-6 Meter battery takes 10mA
From: ted grant <75501.3002@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 15 Jul 97 23:24:23 EDT

Luiz wrote:

<<I think am with this problem in my M6 and here in Brazil we
don't have many technicians in Leica to help me.>>>>

Luiz,

If you are having a battery problem with your M6 it is probably because you put
the camera in a bag when the shutter is cocked ready to shoot.

When you do this it means any pressure on the shutter release button turns the
meter on and starts to drain the battery. And this can go on as long as there is
any pressure occuring on the release.

When you put the camera away you must set the shutter speed dial to "B" this
will turn the meter off and stop any drain of the battery. And will make a
difference right away.

Most new users of the M6 have similar problems, hell I had three M6's and the
batteries were dying like flys until I talked to Leica and was told about
setting the shutter speed dial to "B" when I put them away.

So hopefully this is your problem.

ted
Victoria, Canada
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant