Subject: Re: Gibberish on the LUG
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 1997 23:41:06 -0700

At 12:23 AM 7/26/97 -0400, you wrote:

>Jim + Roger (and whomever elses post I quoted. Ted?),
>
>PLEASE (my heartfelt apologies), don't take my quoting of your specific
>postings as a criticism of your participation here (!). I was _not,
>absolutely not, singling anyone out as a culprit with a bent toward 'idle
>chatter'.
>
>Besides, I couldn't have presented the question more meekly than I did. I
>_begged for Chrissakes.
>
>Regards,
>Danny Gonzalez

Danny... your reply to the whole matter is eloquent. Very nice. I was
actually responding to Jon's post on Gibberish, not you. Since you made
your wishes known in a very humble manner (Leitz car + other daily bothers)
I said (to myself) he's got a point. You all have a point but it's like a
department meeting. You stay on subject then it drifts. Someone says HAY...
we've got to get back on track and get the business done. A two hour
meeting will probably drift four or five times. But if everyone in the
department has been working together for a while, well, pokes and jokes, a
few chuckles, will always keep the seriousness of business tolerable.
Sometimes here, when it gets late (like now) my brain seems to wander and
unnecessarily respond. Producing dribble ("don't apologize for your
English"). Sorry. And I have a tendency to go on and on. I'll stop. I won't
leave though. And I'll be more careful about meaningless responses.

Thanks,

Jim