Subject: Re: 70-180 vs. The World
From: Joe Berenbaum <joe-b@dircon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 1997 00:11:49 +0100 (BST)

At 21:47 26/07/97 +0000, you wrote:

>I might have asked this before, but don't think I saw a confirmation:
>Does the 70-180 still need focus correction for infrared film, or is
>it a true APO in this respect too, just like all other Leica APO primes?
>Does it show a red dot on the DOF scale, or is this mentioned in the
>manual?
>Willem-Jan Markerink

The presence or otherwise of the red dot may not mean much. Leica hasn't
been putting the red dot or any other infrared focusing correction mark on
its lenses for a long time- regardlesss of whether they were Apos or not. I
think they consider them to be somewhat misleading since they are only
really accurate for infinity.

Joe Berenbaum