Subject: Summicron-R 50mm f/2.0
From: Pascal <cyberdog@ibm.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 21:59:14 +0200

Interesting what you are suggesting! Maybe they have changed the design of
the Summicron-R 50mm f/2.0 somewhat without advertising the fact. But both
my dealer and Leica Belgium did not seem to be aware of any optical changes
between the Summicron 50mm (latest version) without ROM and the one with
ROM. Who knows for sure?

BTW, I handed in my Summicron 50mm so that a ROM contact can be placed.
Price I will be charged over here in Belgium amounts to no less than 7500
BEF (21% sales tax included), that is around 200 USD, which is rather a lot
of money I think. Who else has experiences on this operation?

Pascal
Belgium